President of the Arbitration Council Foundation Board of Directors
Master of Arts in Governance and Development, Institute of Development Studies, Sussex University, UK
Completed Post-Graduate Executive Course on Public-Private Partnership in Urban City Regeneration, Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies, Erasmus University, Netherlands
Completed 1 Year Post-Graduate Legal Research Program of the University of Michigan Law School, USA.
Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Attorney Nhean Somunin has extensive knowledge of Contracts Drafting & Negotiation, Labour & Employment Relations, Labour & Commercial Disputes Mediation, Social Protection Policies, Land and Immovable Property Rights, Financial Investments, Business & Employment Formalization (Commercial Enterprises, Tax, Labour, Social Security, Factory and Workers registration and declaration), Investment Projects (QIPs/E-QIPs/ Investment Guarantee) Registration, Agri-Food Industrial Parks and Special Economic Zones Development/Operation/Investment, and Contract Farming.
Also has good knowledge of Secured Transactions, Account Receivable Financing, Banking, Insurance, Corporate Social Accountability, Organizational Culture and Practice Review, Social Enterprises Development, and Good Governance and Ethics for Public and Private Sectors.
Has more than 20 Years of professional work experience in:
- Legal & policy research consultancy in the area of social protection, business & employment formalization, land & immovable property rights, complaints & disputes resolution, involuntary resettlement and expropriation, geospatial data infrastructure (NSDI and IGIF) frameworks;
- Legal and ADR practices, legislative & regulatory drafting;
- Life and Disability insurance, Segregated Fund and Mutual investment in Ontario (Canada);
- Social media data analysis and economic policy analysis for indigenous peoples development in Canada;
- Training on legal research and legislative drafting for good governance & rules of law;
- Business administration, public relations, sales and marketing with private companies (college, forex brokerage agency, commercial bank, hotel & restaurant, real estate agency, and mobile phone services) in Cambodia.
Fluent in English & Khmer, Good at Thai, Basic Knowledge of French